Tuesday, August 02, 2005

the woman at the well.

last week, we talked about extreme makeovers due to encounters with Jesus. I was struck by the woman at the well. The lonely, sinful woman at the well. The one Jesus waited for, and reached out to, and understood in a way no one else ever did. Of course she was transformed. She was broken, and God healed her. She was alone, and God touched her. I spend a lot of my days feeling like this woman-alone, broken and longing for that transforming GOD LOVE. I have an amazing family, a fantastic husband, and awesome friends. But that doesn't stop me from feeling lonely and broken on occasion. Or scared and confused about what happens next. I am glad that God heals and forgives and hugs and waits for us. When we're feeling like no one understands or can even imagine I'm glad that Jesus does.

To all of my friends and loved ones who are unsure about life and about what next week holds...know that you are loved deeply-by me and by our Creator.

Oh, and Happy Birthday Alicia.

No comments: