Thursday, August 04, 2005

I am a master of strategy.

Ok, so the title may be a lie. In fact, most of the time i'm terrible at this kind of game. Especially when playing with joel and scott who happen to be secret masterminds. in fact, right now-they're playing scrabble...and then who knows. But the point is I beat them. At a game I was only playing for the second time. Thats right. we were playing AQUIRE which is like this hotel/stock type game, and yes. I WON. I guess i can say it again as it will never happen again. I WON. I am amazing. Good thing we came to champaign tonite. We met rachel and joel at the theatre and watched SKY HIGH. It was pretty funny. better than i had been told at times--as long as you enjoy obnoxious good fun in a movie.

So right now, we're looking for new jobs. Primarily because mine ends in like 2 weeks, and we want to get out of debt. That being said--i found the most perfect house. It's huge, and it has a nice yard (not huge, but not like just a strip either), and is less than 2 blocks from the grade school. Even though we are looking for new jobs, catlin in itself is a great town, very similar to chebanse, and seems like a good place to raise a family. only 40 minutes from champaign, 3 hours to chicago or st louis and about an hour and a half from indy. Not bad really. and it seems to be growing. not by leaps and bounds or anything, but in a nice small town way. Anyway, unless we get these new better paying jobs really really quickly, im sure someone else will buy the above mentioned home-and how lucky they will be. It looks like it needs a lot of work, but some of the stuff we could do on our own...maybe i need to make an appointment and pretend we are serious so i can see the inside. this will of course only make me fall more in love and eventually break my heart. it even has a basement. No central air though...which of course could be remedied over time...there are a few window air conditioners, and well..with the addition of a ceiling fan or two we could probably survive. I just want so badly to have a house...even if we can't afford it. But we'd be paying a mortgage equal to what we pay in rent...and its got this awesome wrap around porch, and well..its magnificient. If only there was some way to come upon a ton of money--THINK THINK THINK-you can win strategy games..there must be a way...

alright. keep us in your prayers.

1 comment:

Paul said...

YOu're losing your job and you're looking at a house? That's just like asking for disappointment. The only way to come up with a ton of money at once, sell drugs. No, not really. If I could help you with that, I'd help myself.

I am terrible at strategy games, I get bored easily and I just don't like bleeding my friends. I can't even win at monopoly.

I really want to see Sky High.