Monday, September 19, 2005

the weekend.

Ryan, Erika, Joel --you haven't posted in over a week. You should. It would give me something to do on monday nights when my husband is at work and i am bored.

Friday night-hung out with Christy. Watched a documentary I hadn't seen on child stars. Watched the credits to Dickie Roberts so Christy could hear the awesome song. Ate pizza. went with husband to parents house.

Saturday-Summit wouldn't start. Mom took me to meet Jeremy at Barnes for the camp meeting. very interesting--not as bad as usual. Jeremy bought me lunch. that made me smile-he does that. He' s a good friend. Hung out with mom. Megan came to follow me home (to make sure devil summit would make it). Drove Devil summit close to 3 miles. Then megan pushed it off the road as we waited for mom battery dead again (same battery). Mom comes, pushes devil summit with her jeep. Dad comes. Empty jumper cable bag. Dad leaves. Mom proceeds to push. Dad returns, finally devil summit starts. Return it to parents house. Megan drives me home. She's a good friend too :) Scott, Megan and I head to the roadhouse for cheese fries. We go to meijer adn then home.

Sunday-scott drops me off at southside-sunday school was good-we finished last weeks discussion on spiritual warfare. Go to church. Pastor Randy preaches AMAZING sermon on letting God be our passion. Scott comes. We try La Potosina. The chicken isn't shredded. We go to wal-mart and office max. Then quiz practice in the sanctuary to help emmas fear. Kayla doesn't come, but new girl, liz shows up-decides she will join the team. We practice. Scott explains Romans 7. We goof off. We leave practice and head to our new small group-the 5 love languages (for couples). I've wanted to do that series for a long time, so i'm glad that its a new small group this fall at southside. Go to church, pastor jay has returned, but pastor randy preaches again. a lot more bible-study-ish and less passionate than the morning, but some people like that. Some people introduce themselves to us (Kathy and Lonnie i believe) after the service. Pastor jay and nick (worship leader at church who directed EC camp one year) meet us at monicals after the service for some good food. I love being a part of a church community again. I can't wait until scott can come in the mornings too--i think he will really like it.

Important things today: finally had my interview with Lutheran Social Services. I think it went well. Hopefully I will know tomorrow (but for sure by the end of the week) if I got it. Had hotdogs with Christy at Weinershnitzel. Missed my exit, got home late. Scott left immediately for work, not getting to enjoy his hotdogs because i was late. called a screen printer. found out i can get quiz shirts made for under $15. very pleased. watched tv. watched first and second round of storm. Watched CSI. typed in blog. Now I am returning to the couch. Oh yeah, and I developed a fever to match my crappy throat. (curses to poor throat immunities-why are throat sicknesses the only ones i ever get? not that i want different ones, but seriously--every time someones throat might hurt across the room mine gets infected).

1 comment:

Paul said...

I read all of that and the only thing I took away was that there was an awesome song in Dickie Roberts? For real? What song?

And I am quickly becoming addicted to CSI, even with Grissom's annoying quotes and know-it-all attitude.