Thursday, September 29, 2005

Giving

I found out today that the church where i coach quizzing doesn't pay for the quizzers. The pastor and his wife do. The church is so small, it doesn't have a youth budget to cover that stuff. Once we get caught up on our bills--i think we can afford the $15 a month for these kids at the district level. I guess the parents were going to buy the jump seats too--not the congregation. I have to figure out a way to get this church involved. Its the responsibility of the church to encourage/affirm/take care of/ its members. Anyone wanting to help send some kids to nationals--let me know (this means you former quizzers and people involved with quizzing that knows how important nationals can be-its where scott and i met--i think--right rachel? Bobby Van who?)

In other news--to drain even more of your money (as i know you donated to the nationals fund) Jeremy and I are also looking for fundraising ideas and donations to keep the cost of EC camp from increasing by like $75. next year.

My quiz portion was found--but not where i left it. curious, i think so.

No comments: