Wednesday, September 07, 2005

*gasp*... so sara worries about things too?

Yes, she does. All day long I have been trying to post about whats on my mind. All of my worries, fears and anxieties all come down to trusting God and not wanting to let other people down. I have spent a lot of time the past few months offering what i felt was wise counsel to several of my friends. I honestly love that they trust me and my opinion enough to seek my judgement. However--this new opportunity has just come into my life in that GOD-REALITY was I was so eagerly seeking a week or so ago--Can I let God be GOd? Can I follow the very ideas about faith and trust that I have encouraged others to seek? Do I have the faith? Will I let my worry overtake me? I spent over an hour in prayer today. For those of you who know me--you know this is extremely rare. I do pray--but its usually not for an hour at a time--I did not allow myself to become distracted (which was really hard--rachel knows the prayer) and spent time seriously trying to hear God. The thing that kept coming to mind--i kept shoving out of my mind in the spirit of "I'm trying to listen for God" so what if what kept coming to mind was God? It's not the first time I wouldn't have recognized the call. But its always scarier to follow God than to ignore him-even if it pays off in the end. I'm only a risk taker when I am "camp sara" or maybe "quizzing sara" and maybe that in itself is the answer I needed.

1 comment:

Sara said...

wow! umm marriage advice. i just read that(they took my internet away at work! i got it back lol)

well, paul and i are NOT DATING! just good friends. so thats that.