Monday, September 12, 2005

Platform 9 3/4

My mom, gram, gram, and brother came to visit today and took us to chilis for lunch. i was sad for i wanted roadhouse and it was closed. it was a good time, and i am lucky to have a family that loves me and feeds me.

Scottie and I worked on quizzing quite a bit...im trying to decide if adding a sunday practice in the sanctuary will help, and also if one friday a month with the south zone really is a good idea. Man, it just seems like quizzing is getting so expensive. its totally worth it--but its the parents im worried about.

I got a call for an interview at a bank today. It makes me nervous, because I want to know what southside is offering first--because I really think that doing all these things (quizzing, camp, childrens church, NYWC) are what God wants from me, and my passion is such that there is no way I could choose between them. Of course, if we can't pay the rent thats another issue entirely. God provides, right?

Sometimes, at the craziest moments, i remember my invisibility cloak worn often this summer, and wonder if it hasn't somehow slipped back around my shoulders. It's odd to feel that way after so many good days (since friday at least) but its how i began to feel tonight, right around 11 pm---invisible and lonely are different, right?

Have a good tuesday everyone. and keep us in your prayers.

1 comment:

Paul said...

Invisible and lonely are definitely different, yes.

God provides, but he doesn't pay rent.

Sheesh, i'd be happy to get any free lunch these days. Though I was very disappointed in my Chilis cheesesteak.