Tuesday, November 02, 2004

In the middle of the night.

The craziest things come to you in the middle of the night. I am not feeling well and am unable to sleep. For this reason, I have spent much time researching towns that scott has sent his resume to. This is not healthy. Now I don't feel good and i'm scared. Kokomo looks good (great) by comparison. Some of these places are littly bitty towns. Towns without walmarts. Towns not even close to towns with walmarts. Towns where the nearest video rental store is 25 miles away. Its devastating really. It makes you wonder why God would call someone to a place like that. Of course, I guess if we were to get serious about saving money, that would be the way to go. But no walmart? that of course means no bookstores, theatres or coffee shops. I like believing that its all gonna work out, and that we will soon be moving to a happier place. This research gave me little hope-who could be happy when it takes 45 minutes just to run to walmart?

Of course, there's always champaign, as Rachel informed me that there will be several management positions opening up at her theatre in the coming months. How typical would that be...for us to just run away from any kind of challenge and go to champaign, be with rachel and joel (who I love dearly and would LOVE to be with) and work at a theatre and rubys. why--it would be just like kankakee all over again--with only joel really working towards a goal. But we'd be happy. maybe its a fair trade.

Sunday I had a halloween party for my kids. It was pretty fun-better than I expected. I had about 25 kids show up, so since it was fall break weekend, that wasn't too bad at all. What I still don't understand is how if our high end attendance is 40, how we manage 120 kids at Vacation Bible school. That seems a little off. I had some random non-church people asking me about Christmas VBS-not a bad idea, but to me right now-it translates into free babysitting and seems to be a real hassle. We're doing it though...God bless the shoppers.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

No theatres or walmarts?? Sounds like a little slice of heaven to me. :) My parents' farm in IL is just that--exactly 45 min. from the Bourbonnais Walmart and B&N.
Being out in the middle of nowhere is a blessing--you can hear your thoughts again. Take time for hobbies that don't involve electricity. Plus, if your really hurting for entertainment, there's always Netflix. :)

--sidra

Anonymous said...

I saw your comment on Marte's blog...I'll be in K3 for Thanksgiving, and then I don't know when the next visit will be. Will you be visiting then? I think the only person left around there to visit is Wesley Jan, which should be fun this time around as I'll be bringing my boyfriend, The Santos, home with me. I know it's been over 3 years and all, but I still see hanging out, the three of us, being rather awkward.
*sigh* Oh well...perhaps if I drink and they both get high, we'll be ok. ;)

--la sid