Tuesday, November 09, 2004

Poisoned omelets

I have to say, as much as i like my theatre job, i miss my old theatre job more than i ever imagined. However, perhaps i wish that at this time last year, i had an opportunity to serve a poisoned omelet. but i didn't, and life goes on, and well...friendship really does weather the storm pretty well i would say-and everyone knew nothing would really come of it. so i guess the poisoned omelet, while appealing would have really solved nothing.

i am so happy to be going home. Sure, its only for a few hours, but i will see my family, and rachel and joel are coming up, and we will be previewing the ever anticipated polar express. yay for christmas. So happy. So happy i can't even sleep.

So, someone hit my car. in a parking lot. and did a ton of damage. it was a lot worse than we thought-but my ever fantastic insurance company who i am sure is tired of talking to me is fixing it. they're even fixing things i didnt know had been damaged, so its good that for once i am actually getting it taken care of. its a big hit financially even to pay the deductible-leaving me wondering if we will ever even come close to getting out of debt. Heres the funny thing though. i love my focus. i love smaller cars. small cars with lots of space are great. i do not like big cars at all. but my insurance is paying for the rental. they gave me a 2005 ford escape. no matter how cute this car may be, im not really an suv type girl. while this is kind of a mini-suv--the fact remains, i would have chosen to downgrade to mid-size or economy having been given the option. but it will be fun for the week...kind of like an adventure. and its not as scary as i thought. i kind of like it. but i love my focus.

Thats the news folks. remember, christmas trees can't go up until the day after thanksgiving, no matter how tempting all the great decorations look.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

HUM...well, it looks like we may miss each other for the 'giving...I'm flying in that day and spending that night and the next day in Iowa with family. I'll be at the folks' Sat. and Sun, and fly back Sunday night. :P

On happier notes, I just noticed that I'm linked as the "coolest person I know." Wow...thanks! Personally, I can think of at least 5 other people you know that are WAY cooler, but I guess they don't have blogs. ;)

Viva la revolution
--la sid

Anonymous said...

DUDE...I just posted, like, 60 seconds ago, and you've already responded. You must be on. Or, you're God, and you knew what I was going to say and responded before I said it.
sid

Anonymous said...

I knew it.

Keyframegirl said...

But if you are Canadian than one's thanksgiving is OVER, thus one CAN put up their Christmas tree!!!!!!!!!!!

:sticks out her tongue at you:

hehe

pancake said...

it's funny how you walk into someones blog, someone you have absolutely no idea how that person can be and you read a tiny part of their day. And suddenly you realise everyone has a story to tell, there just isn't enough time to tell them all. By the way, i'm Ana, i live in São Paulo, Brazil, and i turned 18 last month.

Paul said...

Poisoned omelets? What's that mean?

Holy crap, your car got hit? That sucks! At least the insurance company is paying.

Hmmm, I wonder if I should get a Christmas tree this year.