Saturday, November 20, 2004

Buttery popcorn love.

For those of you who thing a movie theatre is a crazy place to want to be employed full time at the age of 25--you are wrong. In fact, if they paid me enough-i would work there full time. I used to think I hated it, and it was temporary (get through college, pay bills, etc) but the truth is...I LOVE IT. We have spongebob right now...its fun. its also way fun to run out of popcorn because the popper breaks down repeatedly, to hear people say things like "wow, we had 250 people for that show" to that i laugh to myself and think--250? i could do that in my sleep. Since it was busy, and we had a sneak of "finding neverland" jen let katie and i stay until 7:15...2 extra hours of fun. She also let us go to the pizza place and get ice...we ran out of that too. And we got to sit in the back and make popcorn together...it was a pretty fun day...even busy and all :)

The other great thing about movie theatres--for the most part--you can meet some really great people. We've been in Kokomo six months..had only one person (not even the pastor) invite us for dinner, and we pretty much have no friends. I have been at the theatre for a little over a month...and already, I have made friends. Is that a little crazy to anyone else? No friends at church, but friends at the minimum wage part time job? THis also allows me to believe that perhaps working in a theatre is my destiny--my greater purpose, ya know. that sort of thing. I know its not conducive to having children, and someday, im sure that i will want to--and so i should be doing things to get me experience in other fields..but lets be honest. I WANT to work at the theatre. It's just fun. I mean, when its bad-its usually really bad--but even then...i'd rather do that than meet with the pastor. EH??

We also talked about the fire drills (indiana law requires us to practice once every six weeks) we determined that since it is a minimum wage job, if the building truly was on fire, we would just quit rather than go through the drill, because lets be honest...if the fires that big, are we really going to have any place to work? why risk our lives? *we were told that leaving or not doing as practiced during the drill would result in the loss of our jobs.

In other news, I am still considering going into grief counseling. Ya know, working with kids like my cousin who have lost a parent, or other things. I used to want to do child psychology, but didnt think that there was much market for it...but I really think kids today have it rough...and I think that i would be really good at it. I could be wrong, but I love kids, and I think I relate pretty well...I just don't really know how to do it I guess.

4 comments:

Paul said...

Theater forever? Yeah, I can't see that making you enough money to live on. But you never know.

Even at church social functions you guys haven't met anyone that you like? That's very strange.

How was Finding Neverland?

Grief Counseling is a tough gig, any sort of counseling is, but if you think you can help someone, by all means go for it.

simplymama said...

*hugs* I miss the theater days and I wasn't there long. My 'real' job is very stressful. Sometimes I wonder why I do it. :(

totogirl said...

yea! for the theater and for running out of popcorn even when your poppers aren't broken (high quality staff). also for psycho school teachers

simplymama said...

Bah. I hate my mouse at school. I found a fun little delete button on comments on accident today. I didn't mean to delete your comment sara. oops. What a day.
*hugs*