Friday, October 29, 2004

When did I get so lazy?

I have to tell you about something I hate. I hate when you are laying in bed at night, and you think of something you really want to say, a story you want to write, someone you want to call, something that is just out of this world awesome. you're just tired enough not to get out of bed. then you fall asleep. And the thoughts are lost forever. I've been dreaming a lot lately...almost like screenplays-dreams about people I don't know-it's kinda creepy, not fun. It's not like watching a sitcom. I deeply care about the unknown people in my dreams. It leaves me tired when I wake up, and I can never fully remember what went on, so I can't save it.

Another thing I hate. How sloppy I have gotten with my grammar. I couldn't write a paper if I tried. I know its bad. But I don't correct it. (notice the preposition starting previous sentence).
If I would get my lazy self out of bed, and work on proper grammar I could be a writer. Chances are, I'll probably just lay in bed letting my creativity leak out into the dark silence, lost forever to that place before dreams. It's sad. Kind of like something dying a slow painful death. I used to want to be a writer. Now, its kind of like one of those things i might someday get around to...which means I won't. Especially with my ideas pouring out into who knows where.

Dear imagination, may you rest in peace.

Here's Something I love. My husband. He's terrific. He cleans the house, does laundry...takes really great care of me in this crazy strange place. We have fun together, and he makes me laugh, even when I'm sad or grumpy. He also lets me watch SVU and Judging Amy. That alone is enough to be grateful. Anyway, he's great. and I love him.

Happy birthday paul.




1 comment:

Paul said...

You have to learn to cultivate the ability to think about good ideas before sleep, or to remember what you were thinking about before bed, or buy a notebook and set it next to the bed. It's annoying, but I HATE losing a good idea because I'm tired. I would rather get up and write it out rather than lose it forever.

Plus, it shows just how much you value your ideas if you're willing to get up and write them out.

And thank you! It was a wonderful birthday!