Sunday, October 17, 2004

Reasons to stay? in Kokomo, IN

So yesterday I went home for my grandma's birthday. It was a pretty good time. Katie joined us, and that made it even better because we never get to talk any more. I think that grandma was happy, and that's really important to me. I love my grandma, and am sad that I can't go home more often. Tomorrow I have my interview at the other kerasotes theatre. Apparently they need more help. But I talked to the manager at the larger theatre, and he says that one way or another I should be employed somewhere by the end of the week. In talking to Katie about this venture back into the theatre world, she pointed out that its a great job because it's comfortable, and hey--why not. She also pointed out that anyone with any hopes of having a family wouldn't stay at a theatre job because its all nights and weekends. That made me think of Mel. She hates missing Damien's stuff--but she has to work. I miss her, and I miss those kids. So, its not a forever job, but it will provide extra income for awhile and I like it..

Anyway, here are the reasons we should stay:

1. The Harshmans. Great family-they really need loved. They weren't at church today,
and well, it made me sad.
2. Who needs friends?
3. Someone needs to tell this church about Jesus. Seriously. Our music director may be
quitting for many of the same reasons-and she grew up in this church. To quote her "These
people who call themselves christians need to take a good hard look in the mirror and grow
up" Staff-parish is making her direct the christmas cantata. Even though she resigned from
adult choir.
4. That really great theatre job.
5. fazolis, sonic, chili's, yogi's pizza.
6. I enjoy discouragement and being lectured on a regular basis by someone who eh...lets
not even talk about it.
7. I just got my license here, why pay $15 dollars for a new one somewhere else?

I have a list of reasons we should go too, but I'm trying to be positive.

What happened is this: People knew God perfectly well, but when they didn't treat him like God, refusing to worship him, they trivialized themselves into silliness and confusion so that there was neither sense nor direction left in their lives. They pretended to know it all, but were illiterate regarding life. They traded the glory of God who holds the world in his hands for cheap figurines you can buy at any roadside stand.
So God said, in effect, "if that's what you want, that's what you get." It wasn't long before they were living in a pigpen, smeared with filth, filthy inside and out. And all this because they traded the true God for a fake god, and worshipped the god they made instead of the God who made them-the God we bless, the God who blesses us. -Romans 1:21-25 The Message

2 comments:

Paul said...

Wow, with so many great reasons to stay, why haven't you packed your bags yet?

Keyframegirl said...

Sam and I miss fazolis. Although out here we have In & Out and if we moved we would miss it muchly.

I'm reading a great book right now "When bad Christians happen to good people." Maybe you should recommend it to your music director. It helped a lot in a point in my life where I wanted to give up on church all together.