Sunday, October 03, 2004

38 hours, 40 minutes.

Thats how long until we leave. we're packed. Ready. If you need me while i'm in Dallas, you can leave a message on my cell or you can email me at my yahoo account, as I will be checking that one from my phone and then from headquarters. If you don't know that email address, let me know. I'll give it to ya! I know some of you won't be able to handle not being in communication with me for a whole week (my secret michigan lover man!) so thats the deal.

We had a fish fry at church tonite, much to my suprise it was pretty fun. I'm even glad I went. The pastors wife dumped her duty on me (she went to get a drink and NEVER came back!) but thats no suprise. She didn't know where half of the stuff went when we were cleaning up, and they've been at the church over a year. Come on now--even I know where the potholders are. Tomorrow, my lesson is on families helping each other, and we are talking about how Aaron helped Moses. My plan for the afternoon and monday morning is to draw diagrams of each room so that when people use them, they know how to put stuff back. because thats my biggest problem of the week. People re-arranging rooms and not putting stuff back.

I am very happy for my dear rachel, who has taken another job and will be leaving the classic cinemas realm. It is an exciting and sad time. Of course-she took a theatre job--and she is CAPABLE of so much more...(rach-you might still want to look into substitute teaching as supplimentary income-thats a good second job) but thats ok. Following her lead to become a real theatre lifer, even outside of the world of CC, I have an informal interview monday at one of our local theatres. Fantastic. I'm excited, because like Rachel, I am comfortable doing that. Why look for a second job i might hate (or like). I know I like working at the theatre for the most part--so we'll see. Maybe monday I will change my mind. But I am glad for rachel, as I was worried that winter would come and she would still be driving in the snow and whatnot. Not fun.

To anyone who cares-I love religious freedoms as much as all my other freedoms. Of course, the peanut gallery in my head still doesn't care and well...my vote is still undecided.

Point to Ponder: We'd all like to vote for the best man, but he's never a candidate. ~Frank McKinney "Kin" Hubbard

1 comment:

Sara said...

I am also for religious freedom. Which means that it has no business in our government. If that judge was allowed to have the 10 commandments posted, a muslim judge should be able to post the pillars of islam and so on. That lobby would have been VERY crowded by the time every religion put up a statue of their leading precedents. If our money says "In God We Trust" then it should say, "In God/Jehovah/Allah/etc. We trust."There would not be room for anything else. If we strive for religious freedom, then we must strive for religious equality as well. Which means, that in order to have them equal, they have no place in our government.