Friday, October 01, 2004

Ahh, Kohl's.

So today was fantastic as far as Kokomo days go...I worked-like actually did stuff, met with some of my SS teachers, hung out with my husband a little, went shopping, and well. It was great. The only thing that would have made it better would have been friends to share the day with...but that is not happening yet. I got the shoes I needed on clearance for like 1/2 off, got a pair of jeans on sale, and a new sweatery shirt. YAY. I also saw this awesome wizard of oz shirt that showed just the ruby red slippers and some crappy legs and underneath it said Bling Bling.
It was pretty fabulous.

Another positive--the pastor is in Florida helping hurricane people...and he won't be back until last sunday and we leave on monday. I haven't seen him since sunday, and if all goes as planned i won't have to see him until we get back from Dallas. And then, HOPEFULLY he or i will have a better attitude.

I am also packing for Dallas. I know we don't leave until monday-but I will actually be working saturday evening and all day sunday...so why not do it now. Besides, my wonderful husband is doing laundry, so I say pack it while its clean.

I watched the presidental debate for like 10 minutes. This is what I got. Bush trying to create freedom by freeing IRAQ and Kerry saying "I can do it better". Let's be honest. I've seen monkeys "do it better". It was pretty ridiculous, and we all know how political minded I am, so I changed the channel and watched Seinfeld instead (Big hoorah to non-network channels not airing the debate!).

So that was pretty much my day. The best day I have had in a long time, with no headache, sore throat, or bleh feeling at all. It was just like the first week or two here when I still had hope. Sounds like a pretty ordinary day-but hey-its the little things, right?

Oh sweet Dallas. 97 hours and 48 minutes. Maybe someone will offer my husband a job :)


3 comments:

Paul said...

That sounds like a cool shirt!

YOur pastor won't be back until LAST SUNDAY? HE CAN TRAVEL THROUGH TIME? Reminds me of one of my favorite books, Now wait for last Tuesday.

Dallas is going to be awesome, I hope you have fun!

I watched the entire debate and saw Bush trying to backpedal and avoid the truth about what's happening in Iraq. No way to avoid a civil war, civil unrest and terrorists everywhere. And Kerry saying that he'll bring in hundreds of thousands more soldiers from other countries to try to fix it. And Bush never said he was working for a free Iraq from the beginning.

Maybe we saw different debates.

erika said...

I also watched the debates, and all I heard Kerry say was the it was a bad war and he could get us out of Iraq. I heard Bush say that Kerry had voted to go to war, and now that we're there, doesn't want to be. Kerry couldn't get our troops out of Iraq any sooner than the President could, and for him to say so shows how stupid he is.
You can't pull our troops out until life is settled for the Iraqis. The fall of Saddam Hussein's government and an introduction in Democracy is a huge step that will take a lot of getting used to. Bush is right not to set dates by when we will be out of there, because it is not really up to us, but the people of that country when it will be safe enough to leave.

I really can't stand Kerry. He's a pompous, egotistical, hypocrite.

Sara said...

wow, and I think, no KNOW, Bush is a pompous, egotistical hypoctite. But he is so stupid he doesn;t even realise he has nothing to be pompous over! :) really, Bush could get us out of Iraq faster, IF he asked other countries to help. However, he has a vested interest in jeeping us there. The one think Kerry said in the debate that George bush can;t say(because then he would be lying) is that he has nothing to gain financially by us staying in Iraq. So he would invite other countries to help us, let them take a slice of the profits, and get us all out of there faster. He also said he would fire haliburton. YAY!!! George Bush, however, does not want to share the profits with any other country, so he will keep us there and let more American's die needlessly.(sorry, this post was more towards Erika than you sara)