Tuesday, September 28, 2004

Counting down.

Just so everyone knows, at this time next week I will be in Dallas. Not Kokomo. Who knows. Maybe we won't come back. I love Dallas. Of course, I haven't seen too much of it-but it's pretty great I think.

I have nothing interesting or profound to say at all, but since someone can't live without me, I decided to go ahead and post. Thats right. It's all for my public.

I went to a childrens ministry leadership conference on Saturday. It was a lot of fun, but everything we talked about I already knew. It makes me think I should go into business, or engineering, or politics even--something I don't understand so well so that I could be challenged. Not that my job isn't challenging, but really the actual job-not so much. It's all the other people (parents, the pastor, youth leader) that make my job unlikable. I do have allies though-its not all gloom and destruction.

In other news, sunday the youth group went paintballing. I watched. It scares me to play. Plus it costs a lot of money that we don't have. Next week we are watching a movie and playing football if the weather is nice. That is much more to my liking.

The pastor set hours for me 10-1 everyday. Well, its 1:00 on tuesday and I haven't been to work since sunday. Oh well. Thursday I have to go in at 9, so we'll say that makes up for it.

I have resumed my neopets playing with a new neopet thanks to my brother joel and his love of neopia.

If you're still reading-here's the profound thought-not mine-Tony Campolo's. Taken from a book he wrote in the early 1980's: We need a prophet who will weep for America, who will stir us to a memory of what we were meant to be, who will reach into our collective consciousness and who will draw out of it the sorrowful memory of the real American dream. Such a prophet will not only weep floods of tears for America but will also teach us to weep. In that weeping lies our only hope, because it is the weeping that can break the numbness of our hearts and minds. It is the grieving that can teach us how to feel again.

Tony Campolo has since been deemed a modern prophet. He said all of this stuff 20 years ago. Today, no one is looking it up, and of course, as the presidental election gets closer, no one is weeping. So there you have it. I posted.

5 comments:

simplymama said...

Daisies...do it again...do it again... :) i love Tony Campolo!!

Keyframegirl said...

Rain sounds like good weather. We never get rain, so it would be a nice change. I will trade you weather conditions. Oh and a 5.8 earthquake today too, you can have that with the hot weather!! ;)

Paul said...

I know lots of people crying that Bush is still president, and might be president again. If he gets elected again, I might cry. I'm terrified of John Ashcroft.

i've never been paintballing, I really want to, though. I would love to shoot someone in the eyeball, hopefully damaging them permanently.

erika said...

As a side comment to Paul's, I would cry if Kerry were elected.
Very interesting post sara. Makes one think about the history prophets mentioned in the Old Testament, and wondering if there is anyone who could be THAT to the American people.

Sara said...

Have fun in Dallas, and please come back. Dallas is a really long drive! :)