Thursday, September 02, 2004

always here.

well, I can't sleep. to everyone who likes to stay updated on my life...skip to the bottom. or keep reading it is encouraging for everyone...but today its personal--this is my encouragement to one of my oldest and dearest friends. (you know who you are...)

My dear friend, I wish that I could be with you now, that we could be at steak and shake, that we could cry, and know that together everything will be okay. to turn tears to laughter, and jokes to deep philosophical discussions that have shaped both of our faiths. While I am still forever searching--i still find these truths to be universal. God loves us. Nothing can change that. Jesus died for us. Nothing can change that. We will hurt. God can hug us...metaphorically and through our steak and shake friends. I know that right now is a time in your life when you don't want to hear about God. You are angry at your circumstance, and above all--hurting so deeply you feel it will never go away. I want to tell you I am always here, nothing will ever change that. Every life is marked with pain. Some more than others--right now, yours more than most. but you do have some things you can be thankful for-family, friends (ahem), a place to sleep at night, food on the table, and all the other cliche encouragements you can think of.

Your hurt will fade, and there will be another-it will be harder to open your heart, but there is always something to be learned from each relationship. To trust now seems impossible, to believe in someone, even crazier. But it is possible. Don't give up hope. I will see you soon, and we can laugh, and cry-and talk about boys, Jesus, work, the meaning of life, and why all of a sudden, after of a quarter of a century do we discover that we know nothing. I love you. More deeply and powefully than you can even imagine. (and God loves you more than that...though I still don't have science to prove it..thus your struggle continues).

On another note--if you ever feel hurried by life and want to spend some time with God..(and if you have a fast connection and sound..preferably) you should check out the site below. Shout out to the catholics who have been doing this for years! I find that it relaxes me and makes me feel refreshed.

http://www.yfc.co.uk/labyrinth/online.html


No comments: