Wednesday, September 15, 2004

Life, as we knew it.

So, monday Scott and I went to help his brother Joel and my bestest friend (joels wife) Rachel move to their new home. Its so stressful to move to a new place, so I am very sympathetic to this new adventure they have begun. Life as we knew it is officially over. We are now grown-ups, having moved away from our comfort zone to begin life in the real world. Before this week, Scott and I could visit them in Kankakee for some sense of security. Now we will be visiting each other in totally unfamiliar surroundings. I even felt a little regret helping them--if I hadn't taken this job-we would have moved together. Crazy how things change. It's scary really--if you look at this time last year-and what's happening now--its hard to be excited for the future. I am hopeful. Tomorrow scott and I are going to the nazarene church to see if we can find some people our age.

The highlights of Tuesday--My mom and one of my grandma's came to visit-so that made me a little happy to have company for the day. Scott and I went grocery shopping and got some yummy stuff. Thats happy too. Now, I must sleep for tomorrow I actually have to try and work.

In other super exciting news--Group publishing has selected my church to host one of the VBS promotion parties this spring..which means I get free VBS product, and I get to do some networking and hopefully give the church an even better VBS reputation than it already has. YAY!! (its the little things--I really wanted to do this) YAY!!


5 comments:

erika said...

Rachel has a blog!!! Rachel has a blog!!!
This is the excitingest news EVER!!!
Oh, by the way I told her in one of her posts, what weekends in October I will be free. The one weekend that I am not free, I am going to see Leah..
love you

totogirl said...

this is fun...so there are jobs enough here to go around...the ymca is hiring teens stuff. couple questions. how do i add links and how can i make it possible to post anonymously?

bmo said...

I just posted on the others saras site and found my way here. I was just wondering if you know the guys in Calibretto? If so tell them the gang from Chaska MN says hi.

Sara said...

Growing up sucks! kind of. It is lonely, difficult, and usually heartbreaking. But i guess there are some good things about it. . . .I'll let you knwo what they are when I think of them.

Anonymous said...

this is timmy .... miss all of you guys... i finally move here and get settled in and everyone leaves.. oh well at least you are all kinda close still