Tuesday, September 21, 2004

We're glad to have you.

So, I had my first evaluation today with the staff parish committee. And, they said they think I am doing a fantastic job, and they are glad I am there. They even offered to pay for a dinner hosted by the church for childrens/youth leaders in the area in an effort to help me meet people I can connect with. I like them-of course, the pastor still expects me to have pointless office hours, but hey-at least he's not the head of staff parish.

Megan called today-we had a good chat. Funny how you miss people at the most random times. I fear that Mickey is calling me, and megan is the medium.

I started reading a new book "The life you've always wanted" by John Ortberg. I find it to be challenging and insightful, and I must say, it is cheering my up a bit. Of course, I took it to work purely to have something to read once my work was completed, and now I am super glad I did. I highly recommend it. Especially if you are looking to better your relationship with Jesus. It has begun to cure some of my bitterness about being here-and while there is still lots of work to do there, I know that it is helping my attitude at least a little.

I used to dream of writing books. of any kind. Now, I look at my grammar and cringe. Maybe I should take a class-though I don't feel that I have any creative energy currently.


2 comments:

Heather said...

Hi Sara. I don't know if you remember me--we had some a couple of classes together and shared a room at Youth Specialties. I found your blog through a weird chain of links from former Olivetians blogs. I actually can relate to so much of what you are saying. I'm in Oklahoma, where my husband is finishing school. I moved here just over a year ago, and I still feel completely out of my element. Anyways, I'm glad to hear the church values you and the work you are doing. And I might just check out that book you suggested by John Ortberg. Maybe it will help me. If you want to check out my blog address it is http://lillith4150.blogspot.com It's not always the most upbeat thing, just to warn you. Best wishes to you.

Heather (Morgan) Dethloff

Paul said...

You could still write. You can always write, writing is fun, look at Sara and I doing it, do some fast fiction, see how you like it.