Thursday, March 03, 2005

snowflakes of grace.

Well, we went to ohio to see the gang...it was a great time. we had fun, ate too much and probably talked too little...but those things happen with boys. My husband was terrific, helping me get through my sadness tuesday evening. he always makes me smile.

So every week, we see rachel and joel. its easy to say--they're our best friends. we're moving closer to them and hopefully we'll all be staying there for a long time. But heres the crazy thing. We go all the way to Ohio (thats 3 1/2 hours in the car to even get there) spend all day together with the gang, and then, when everyone else goes to sleep..we go sit in the hall and talk all night. (maybe not all nite--but until like 4-we're gettin old). So its this amazing time, a time that i think can only happen in hallways. Isn't it funny that those conversations don't happen all the time? I'm so glad it happened. After my evening, it was totally what i needed, and i hope what she needed too...so...the next time you really want to know your best friend...go to a hotel. borrow the hallway, its worth it.

I'm also reading this book called Dangerous Wonder by Mike Yaconelli. It's an amazing book and its teaching me so much about Grace. Lately, i guess God has really just been hugging me the way only God can. It seems like there are so many struggles, and joys and well..i spent a lot of time monday, tuesday and wednesday in tears over how much God loves me. Its just crazy love that we can't control and have to surrender to...anyway..in the book, there is a discussion guide, and it asks at one point, to make out of clay, using your emotions a picture of grace. I think its a snowflake. For all of you who were in ohio, think of the walkway outside books a million, or when we left outback. i think that beauty, that wonder, that sensation...its very much what grace must be like.

I've got a lot more, but my break is over, so i need to get back downstairs.

3 comments:

totogirl said...

you better believe it is what i needed. it was great to just talk and know you struggle with some of the things i struggle with and to listen to you open up.

totogirl said...

you better believe it is what i needed. it was great to just talk and know you struggle with some of the things i struggle with and to listen to you open up.

Paul said...

I had a great time, thank you for inviting me. I didn't know you guys were so much fun! Sara always claims that you are, but you know, you have to see it face to face.

Sometimes you just gotta have some face time conversations. It's the only way to get it all out.

Even if I was hit in the face twice for snoring.