Friday, March 25, 2005

The hard weekend ahead.

Well, its finally time to finish packin and say goodbye to kokomo. If you've been faithfully following along, you are probably overjoyed at our escape. However, we don't really wanna go. Sure, we're super excited about what happens next, but we have friends now and we like our jobs. Scott is really having a hard time-in a few hours he will be saying goodbye to his consumers and co-workers. I on the other hand, get to spend all weekend with mine, and have a few of them helping us move. Its just that I'm so tired of starting over. I know rachel and joel will only be 40 minutes away--but thats still 40 minutes--and realistically-we won't travel it as often as we think. I do hope that they start going to our church (they have to like it and stuff)--that way we will see each other at least that much. I hope that there are some nice people that invite us to dinner, and that we can be friends with soon--I don't want it to be like here where we lived for like 6 months before we really met anyone.

In other news, we did the most terrible thing to our poor sneakers. We had her front claws removed, and she's so sad and sore and mopey. I hope she feels better soon. She had a really really rough day, and i think that the moving will be hard on her--she doesn't need any more stress. This is the obvious reason we aren't ready for children. If I cry over my poor cats pain--can you even imagine?? oh man.

Other random news no one cares about--I should officially be running the danville theatre because they showed up on yet another list of theatres that didn't do everything they were supposed to this week. Go figure. How hard is it to send back your tech ads really? or send your trailer report? geez. i just want to get the report one week where they don't appear. Anyway. I guess i can teach em.

Hey everybody--have a great weekend. Smile, and be thankful you don't have to move next week.

1 comment:

lexerdax said...

I know what you mean about the 40 minutes thing. Leah and Mark live 40-ish minutes from us and I think we've seen them only twice outside of stuff that Simon and Laura have planned. I mean, we see them fairly regularly - once a month or so, but really, it's crazy.

I'm sorry you have to move again, but I am very excited for you! We have been and will continue to pray for you. Here's a new favorite verse of mine - Joshua 3:4 - "Then you will know which way to go, since you have never been this way before." God is doing something new in your life, and I am excited to see you following Him! :)