Tuesday, February 01, 2005

The stupid sign.

So, early early this morning we are driving home from champaign. Every time we drive on 74 I get this anger--like crazy anger at this one highway sign on an overpass. It points to 74 West and the city it lists is "Peoria ILL" now, that would be fine if all of the signs did it, but as anyone who drives in illinois or indiana knows--the abbreviation (even on signs) for Illinois is IL. There are not to L's and peoria is not ILL, so im not really sure why they can't just fix the stupid sign. Its the only one like in on the entire stretch we drive on, and it infuriates me EVERY SINGLE TIME I SEE IT. That probably sounds crazy, but it just makes me mad. Take the extra L off..please.

Another fantastic story is we watched Hide and Seek, a very scary movie. We then rested for awhile before our drive home. All the way home there was this creepy fog...and i'm pretty sure aliens landed in several of the places we were driving (i saw the lights in the fields--i did). At any rate, it kept us awake...which was good.

So, scotties interview was apparently fantastic, and if things keep up in this direction we may be in catlin by march--which we hope all of you are praying for. We would only be half an hour away from joel and rachel, and of course that also puts us over an hour closer to home!! Hoorah! We can't afford to move, so any donations we are gracefully accepting as we are supposed to trust that God can make it happen--even if we don't have enough money for a moving truck, let alone finding a place to live (im a little stressed) so if you need our address, let me know, and lets get the "help scott and sara move fund started!"

I had a crappy day. Scottie made me eggs though and now I feel better.



3 comments:

lexerdax said...

I know what you mean! We see signs in Ohio on the way home that say "OH." "Oh." and "Ohio" - never just "OH". And there's a sign out in Garrett County, MD, that says, "Buckle Up! Because we care and 'its' the law." Stupid misuse of quotation marks and the wrong it's! Bah.

So I know I'd be way freaked out by Hide and Seek. Pluse I read a review of it by Focus on the Family and it had a HUGE spoiler. Grr.

Paul said...

Gah, that would annoy me too.

I KINDA want to see Hide and Seek, but not really. I want to see Boogeyman.

Congratulations, Scottie!

erika said...

no scary movies for me please.

Saw is being released on DVD next week, and i may see that. (you love the grammar in that sentence dontcha he he)

anyway, i can help move also...and then when i move to california y'all can help me :)