Thursday, January 20, 2005

Sleep, how I long for thee.

Ok. So for like the last 2 weeks, I haven't been able to go to sleep even if I try to go to bed at a decent hour (for us this is approximately 1 am) However, I have no problem sleeping ALL FREAKING DAY and then the cycle repeats itself. Well cycle, I have you fooled. I have a lovely day planned. I am going to play on the computer, take a shower, call the Red Cross. Around 9:30 or so, Im gonna head down to the kokomo center schools and apply to substitute teach (provided that they don't make me get yet another TB test-i just dont have the money for that). THen I am going to come home...watch the 12 and 1 o'clock judging amy on TNT. After this, I will perhaps take a small nap (poor body-it would probably like to really go to bed at this time) and then go into work around 6. I don't work until around 8, but hey--its a fun place to hang out (BE JEALOUS-all of you). Then I will work, watch the movie, be home by midnite, and finally be able to sleep. How happy is that?? The other option is of course going to bed now, and forcing myself to get up. Thats the harder way.

In other news, AOL is experiencing technical difficulties and I cannot check my mail.

I played paper mario again tonite (the first time since before christmas) and well...I got past the part I was stuck at-all by myself. No one has helped me at all...at all...except scott watches me play sometimes, which we all know, having someone watch can be helpful...but seriously--im gonna do it on my own. I played for like 3 hours. Stupid video games. They rot your brain.

Also, scottie has installed some insulation plastic on some of our downstairs windows and it has much improved our quality of life. My husband says it can't really be getting warmer--but in fact, after a slightly warmer (rainy) day today it did warm up in our apartment to a balmy 68. Without me turning the heat on. Before the installation of the insulation (thats fun) it was at best 62 without the heat on. So yes, it is in fact even making us a little warmer...which I am grateful for...we need to save all the money we can on heat in order to be able to pay for all of the other things we have become accustomed to (internet, cell phones). No worries folks. We won't let it get to the point where those would be our options.

Man, I'm rambling. Guess I'll go find something else to do.

3 comments:

Paul said...

Substitute teacher? It's a good gig if you can get it, but it's not easy. Kids are tougher with a sub than with a regular teacher.

The best way to deal with a situation like that is DON'T NAP! Napping is bad. You have to stay awake all day, exhaust yourself, exercise and physically exhaust yourself. Then relax yourself an hour before you go to bed, take a bath, turn off all the lights, and go to sleep. Or else you'll just lie there wondering why you haven't fallen asleep yet.

I really wanna play Paper Mario.

Sara said...

What is Paper Mario?

You liked substituting in Illinois, it is a good thing to try here. and i agree with Paul-DON'T NAP!!!

*sara* said...

well...thanks for the advice, my plans changed though. i didnt sleep thursday night instead-then drove home, and back...then worked...then finally slept :)