Sunday, January 23, 2005

Deep thought...

Ok. thats a lie. I do have some deep thoughts, and if you're really lucky, I will post soon. We'll see how i feel.

So, friday I went home (YAY) saw my parents and one of my grandmas...then I went with Katie to get a new wedding dress (the one she originally bought was umm..the wrong size) and pick out my bridesmaids dress. I picked one exactly like the one I had in Mollys wedding-there was one more similar to the one from rachels wedding which i would have prefered, except the back was all jacked up as part of the design-it had some crazy buttons down the back and these funny flaps with sequins that was umm..tacky. So yeah. We had some panera, laughed and talked about life.

Something I need to bring to everyones attention: In Kokomo, kids go to school on Martin Luther King, Jr day. The black students are excused for the day(doesn't count against them) and life goes on pretty much as normal. The only school that was closed was the center schools (we have 4 districts around the kokomo area) because they have a larger black student population. Does anyone else think that this is totally ridiculous? I was personally displeased to learn this...displeased putting it mildly. The community has some celebratory stuff to honor the day (and theres no mail) but the kids go to school. I don't like the message that sends at all. However, due to all of the snow days, the kids are all going on Presidents day as well...not that I agree with that either, but hey.

Work has been crazy, I feel like I work at the paramount (sigh) only without the benefit of a computer system.

Oh well..thats all my news. Thanks for stopping by.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

yeah, your probably right about me needing to post. but I've been um.... busy... drinking that wine. but I'll get right on that for ya.. I've been thinking of something profound to write about.

www.xanga.com/evander_t

Paul said...

Man, that's weird. Is it a holiday or isn't it? There are lots of places that don't honor it at all, but I suppose it's seemingly only important to blacks. Indiana does not have the healthiest history with regards to Americans of African descent.

lexerdax said...

Whoa, whoa, WHOA. Katie La is getting married?? Who is she marrying?? Do I know him?!