Tuesday, October 04, 2005

Roadtrips, kinda.

About my new job: theres like 4 maybe 5 new people. Ok. No big deal. Except none of us have any DCFS or LSSI training...this means that we are qualified to copy and hole punch. Which is what we did all morning--oh, and took a sexual harrassment policy quiz on the computer. Fun, sure. After lunch I got to go with Christy to the DCFS office and watch a case review. Then I got to ride with her to rankin. It's cool-at least she got mileage. The clients we went to visit were not there, so we have to go back thursday. All of this week and next week, unless we go with someone out into the field, we are hole-punching or copying. I'm happy that Christy and I are on the same team because that makes finding someone to shadow really easy and we get to go on roadtrips to random sucky towns like rankin, gibson city, danvers, etc.

The burnout rate for social work is like 5 years--the good news about this--3/4 of the caseworkers are about my age--yay for interaction with people that aren't jr highers or way grown (like the quiz folk). My supervisor seems pretty cool and so far, im likin it. It's a good thing I don't mind busy work though--because thats all we're gonna get until after training--and maybe even after that.

I'm gonna go watch some tv and relax since i haven't really gotten to do that since saturday. :)

No comments: