Wednesday, October 19, 2005

naperville.

first of all, jeremy is my hero. he got me a working laptop so im not so cut off from the internet community this week and next while i am in naperville. that makes my stay so much more enjoyable. My room smells like scott and joel just got home from ruby's. So yeah. I leave the windows open. stupid extended stay america. but at least i have a fridge. thats happy. and im getting to be even better friends with my new co-workers, so thats a happy. the social workers *"front row style" rachel* in our class are driving me completely nuts. its pretty boring, and the class really isn't fond of our champaign crew, because we tend to be a little bit rowdy and we always super play the games and answer the questions (thinking at least this way it isnt so boring, and there is no point wasting time waiting for someone to answer questions just because everyone is afraid to talk). At first, i was a little upset because i dont like when people don't like me for no reason. but then i realized, thats dumb, because how can you dislike someone for making class fun? so tomorrow, when they try to eat our candy--we're not sharing. :) sound like daycare? ok. well we're child welfare workers so maybe its practice.

We've had some tasty food-Portillos, PF changs, popeyes, and this tasty pancake house place. Just down the road we have a 24 hour dunkin donuts/baskin robbins. so thats good too. the bad news is we're gonna all go home at the end of next week quite fat. *sigh* but its so good.

we also went to ikea, and a few other random places, and next week--chicago premium outlets! Yay for not having any money--but at least its fun to look.

The worst part about being here is its so far from scottie. i hate being all alone at the hotel. i mean, it would be like a vacation if i could have him here with me. i miss cuddling. next week i guess i will bring outmeal my bear with me to keep my company.

1 comment:

Paul said...

You can't be stingy with candy just because they seem not to like you. Didn't you learn anything from the Care Bears?

I like shopping, even when I have no money. Some people really hate it.