Sunday, December 12, 2004

My wonderful husband.

There are some people in the world who sometimes think my husband isn't the greatest guy. They even perhaps sometimes blame him for pain and misfortune that aren't necessarily his fault. To these people I say--SCREW YOU. you know who you are. He's kind, forgiving, and generous. He takes crap from people (including me all of the time) and is no less giving or thoughtful because of it. He aspires to the best in everyone, looks to the positive and hopes for friendships instead of lies. However, he is constantly betrayed and if I'm the bad guy for standing up for him..then I am proud to be the bad guy, because no matter what--in his heart, deep down, he never wants to hurt anyone. He tries to keep peace, and create meaningful connections between other people. I love him absolutely. Everyone knows that the past isnt this bright glowing thing we reflect on, but the reality is we love each other more not less, and are closer than ever due to my indiscretions. Yup. I love him. Totally and completely. You can't even imagine. He even cleans the house and gets me taco pop in the night. Sigh. I couldn't ask for anything more. He is by far more forgiving than I will ever be. Perhaps that's part of the reason for this post--but the real true reason is to let everyone know how much he means to me.

Today is the one month anniversary of my uncles death. Scott and I went and saw Christmas with the Kranks (I cried--but the book was better) and Oceans 12 (I didnt get it) and he made me smile. I also had a cherry frost icee from target with Jen. I'm thankful for new friends. She consoled me over icees as I relayed my sadness-its so nice to finally have a friend.

Tuesday we get to see rachel and joel. YIPEE!!! I am so happy. (PS-today is joels birthday)
Anyway, Scotties great. And yeah. Im lucky.

5 comments:

Paul said...

It's very sweet that you recognize how good he is.

Christmas with the Kranks looked AWFUL. I saw Blade III instead.

I don't get the love for taco pop. Sara calls it Fountain Dew, but to me, a bottle is better anytime.

erika said...

I did not like Christmas with the Kranks.

i posted a comment to your comment on my blog

and what are you doing the tuesday after christmas...we should meet in indy and spend the night, leave on wednesday...what do you think?

Paul said...

I am glad you found friends, yay! I miss you!

Sara said...

that last comment was form me, not paul. i just forgot to change the log-in. sorry!

erika said...

tuesday after christmas is a no-go for Rachel...we will figure something else out. it may be february...but i will see you!!!!