Sunday, July 25, 2004

Rainy days and picnics

So today-the only day it was truly cold and  a little rainy-was our church picnic.  We had a good time anyway (i.e. I actually hit the volleyball).  The kids wanted me to go swimming, but they are nuts being as everyone in sweatshirts was cold.  They went.  I watched. for .2 seconds as we were leaving.  I did get to actually talk to people at church who weren't expecting me to hav miracle answers for the crisis of sunday school, etc. so that was fantastic.  That made me feel a little better.  I like sundays because I feel like I am actually doing my job.  I am maybe taking over the teen sunday school class in a few weeks, but the problem being-I yet to be free enough during that hour to attend sunday school-let alone teach.  So scott may do it.  You may be thinking--isn't there a youth director-why yes-there is.  NO COMMENT.  I am supposed to be packing for girls camp-at this time tomorrow-i'll be in chapel--YAY for camp!! Funny story-I took a nap after the picnic (put off packing) and I woke up at 7:10.  There was light coming in the window and I thought I had slept ALL NIGHT and was going to be late (the trip to camp is 2 hours, I need to be there by 9:30) as I had not yet packed.  So I rush up the stairs...only to discover it is PM.  Now I have to pack. For real.  

3 comments:

lexerdax said...

Have fun at Girls Camp! :)

Sara said...

you hit a volleyball? this is a momentous day!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! what about the youth director? man i wish i had a phone! we need to talk. email me your number one more time at sunsh9@gmail.com and i will see if i can borrow pauls phone. (by the way, i am his gorlfriend again)

Sara said...

i meant i guess. he called me it. i guess we are dating. aaarrrggghh! i need to talk to you!