Friday, July 16, 2004

Happy Birthday

Today is my brothers birthday.  In a few short hours we will be heading to kankakee to celebrate.  The most exciting thing about this trip to kankakee---MY CAR IS FINALLY FIXED.  They are supposed to call me today with the total (which i am sure is more than i have) and I will get to go pick up my car, and bring it to our new home in indiana for the first time.  I am very excited, I have missed my car terribly.  It's sad that we become so dependent on things like that, and how much we take them for granted.  Not anymore.  I am throwing a welcome home party for my car sometime this weekend.  I think there will be balloons, cake and of course, heartwarming speeches.  I think I will invite all the guys from the service station--since they have probably gotten to know my car really well in the last 2 MONTHS.  Anyway, that totally makes my day.  And i also have to say--its about time.  If i am truly this excited, then my car has been away too long.  There will be no sad goodbye with the devil summit i have been driving in my cars absence.  I am sure it will be happy to be back home with my parents.  Too bad i can't drive it into the river.  :)
 

1 comment:

lexerdax said...

Yay for fixed cars! I'm sorry it's been two months. Memories are coming to mind about you and cars . . . car wars, praise in a parking lot, a car that mysteriously honked by itself . . . oh, how I miss you, my Sara. :) I'm glad that we can leave comments now! Love you!