Wednesday, January 21, 2009

making an effort.

I just read Karla's blog, which she has been so faithful at keeping, and including pictures of her darling daughter for friends and family far away, and I decided that I needed to make an effort to blog at least a little more. I'm not even sure anyone reads this thing (other than Lena).

I went to the doctor yesterday, and the baby, who is technically due in 10 days is nowhere near ready to be born. Which is ok, because i wanted to make it to the first of February anyway, so that I can be on maternity leave until Easter. It seems like a good plan. This last few weeks though, I've actually really felt like its time to get this monster out. She's lodged way up in my rib cage (i.e..NOT ready to come out) and has caused all kinds of tenderness and inflammation up that way. oh well. I never wanted to be one of those people who were consumed by their pregnancy, but i realize as i write this, that nothing else has gone on in my life this week.

Last night, I went over to see Casey and meet Anna, as they have finally settled in at home at 7 weeks. Casey has a fantastic story, and was glad she was able to share that. While I was there, Karla came over with Brynne, and we all got a chance to hang out. Its too bad that Ruby didn't actually get to play, since shes stubborn and not ready to even move down. Consequences :)

In other news, the computer wouldn't recongnize my ipod last night, so tonight i will make that a project, to try and figure out what the heck is wrong so i can get more music on lovely ipod.

Yesterday we welcomed our 44th president. It is an exciting time in history, and i find myself slightly frustrated that so many people are still negative about the transition...for whatever reason. Things have NEVER in the history of any president changed in 24 hours. Also, at any other period (like the re-election of Bush) people who were unhappy were expected to "shut up and deal with it--be supportive" and while thats kind of a negative attitude, thats what I really want to say to all those unhappy that Barack Obama is now the president. Nothing can change it, so why not be supportive and give the guy a chance to make things better. Don't be critical 24 hours in--that really isn't fair, and shows only that you are close-minded and afraid of change.

All progress is precarious, and the solution of one problem brings us face to face with another problem. Martin Luther King, Jr.

1 comment:

Lori Kuehl said...

I read your blog, Sara!