Thursday, April 27, 2006

oh no.

we are home from maryland. but we forgot something. our best friends. no matter how cute we are, we can't convince them to come back to us ;) We did however convince joel to consider disney. this makes me happy. SO VERY VERY HAPPY.

lets see: hung out with erika and her gang on friday-had chinese and played scene it! good times all around.

Saturday: walked around downtown frederick with rachel and abby. and had some ritas. then we got brandon and went with ryan and lexa and baby katrina to this thai place. UMM...my leftovers are still in the fridge at their house. oops. oh. then we finally got to see joel.

Sunday: church, lunch at some cute italian place, frisbee in the park adding simon (and his kids)to our group. back to the house-where ryan and lexa joined us again--we had sandwiches...ryan, simon, scott and joel played settlers. abby, rachel, lexa, brandon (once) and I played scattergories. everyone left-rachel, abby and sara went and got ice cream

Monday: went to DC-holocaust museum. and we rode a pirate ship. then we had EVERYONE over again including Mark and Leah and their two kids...plus Laura (she was sick the day before) and we grilled some tasty stuff. some of the boys played aquire, the girls all hung out. ate more ice cream. chatted with lexa outside for a bit.

Tuesday: Joel left early to head back to work. Rachel, scott and i went to chipotle. then we decided to watch american dreamz! funny show. then we came back home.

I love my husband even though he wouldn't play encore with me in the car. it was fantastic to get to see everyone and all the little kids. thats the trip in a nutshell.

hope everyone else had a great weekend.

1 comment:

Lisa said...

Sara,

My most vivid memory of visiting my friend Stephen and his wife in Washington, DC is of our trip to the Holocaust Museum.

I can still remember the eyes of one man in a photo taken just before the Nazi doctors killed him and the next picture of his skeleton (he had dwarfism).

It broke my heart.

When I was growing up as a child, before my mother died and my father abandoned me, all I could think was that I wanted to make a difference in this world.

I heard about the Native Americans and thought, "I wish I could have helped them defend their land."

I heard about the Holocaust and thought, "I hope I would have risked death and hid someone in my attic."

I heard about slavery and thought, "I wish I could have been a part of the Underground Railroad."

So many things you learn growing up are about how people have dehumanized and mistreated eachother. It summons up your sense of justice. Your conscience just screams that it's wrong.

I decided early in life that I wanted to right wrongs and save people.

So, it's really interesting to me now that my foster care experience has helped me to become a child advocate.

Anyway, hope all is well with you, and I'd love your insights on my blog sometime.

Lisa