Sunday, November 06, 2005

its been awhile.

a lot of nothing has happened in the past week. My grandma's trailer caught fire (no real damage i'm told) but shes in intensive care for smoke inhilation. Thanks to everyone who sent up thoughts and prayers. The highlight of the week being my husband and i went to dinner and rented movies and had coffee at borders last night. Other than that, its been lots of work (which i really enjoy), went shopping with Christy twice, got to go to quiz practice and see my lovely quizzers, yeah. a bunch of stuff like that. It seems so strange that i was so lonely in danville when rachel and joel still lived here and now that we live just 15 minutes from champaign i'm very rarely lonely. Of course, i drive to danville twice a week to see the quiz team, but it seems like theres something going on just about every night. Tomorrow scott and i are going to kankakee to see my grandma (who may or may not be out of the hospital) and then to watch chicken little at the meadowview. Last week I went trick-or-treating in the rain with Mel and Malyssa (and the kids of course).

I think that Allison and I are going to work out on tuesday and thursday this week. Then friday my quizzers are sleeping over, saturday is the quiz, sunday is practice and packing for nashville and after work next monday we leave for nashville for a week for the youthworker convention. It's gonna be fantastic. I feel a little bad that we don't have time off to go see rachel and joel in their new house, but we've committed all of our off days to volunteering for camps, quizzing, and youth specialties. I'm sure that sometime in the new year we'll get out there...its just such a long trip to only be able to go for like a day and over 100 dollars in gas. I don't think it matters too much--they're happy there and we're happy here so life is probably as it should be. If i continue on this subject the ramble will just get worse...so i guess i'm gonna go have some lunch.

1 comment:

lexerdax said...

Check out Travelocity and maybe Travelzoo ... some of the airlines are having fare sales from Chicago to Washington for $83 roundtrip, and the fares are good until March. You should visit!! I would pick you up at the airport. :)