Wednesday, March 01, 2006

thursday, almost friday.

Happy Birthday Rachel!

Something I just remembered, as per a conversation where Jeremy said "i've been waiting for thursday all week" Well, then i was thinking...about a wonderful little phrase we all used to share that is so appropriate for this week
: IT'S THURSDAY ALMOST FRIDAY!! That's right. So, now that everyone is craving the taco bell...

there isn't too much else to report. some of my foster kids break my heart. seriously. its going to be awesome to get away for a few days and focus on nothing other than hanging out with my friends (indoor pool). I don't have to smile for anyone, or be an example for anyone, or miss hawk nelson because someone has to stay behind in case the store gets crazy. I get to just be, no responsibility. No trying to get everyone to crafts, or the next round or to the nurse. man. it's gonna be so amazing.

There are so many things I am constantly wanting to do. Today, I sat in on a counseling session with one of my foster kids. It made me wonder if I could really be a counselor. Of course in my grown up life these are the things i want to be (some of them i have been--social worker is not among them): childrens pastor, quiz coach, school psychologist, child/adolescent counselor, camp director, 1st grade teacher, friend, mentor, mother, foster parent, author. And thats just to name a few. How do you decide what to cut out and what to leave in? what if there isn't time for it all?

This post has turned out WAY longer than I had intended. I hope everyone has a fantastic weekend!

1 comment:

simplymama said...

It's Thursday...almost Friday again...YAY. I'm praying for a better weekend this weekend than last...and a new car!