Thursday, September 17, 2009

Security.

So, I have kind of a lot of work to do in the next week or two. But, I'm not a mobile caseworker (silly diocese not wanting to get us secure laptops). This means, I cannot get access to the DCFS program required to do my work. BUT sitting in my cubicle is so distracting. People talking, phones ringing, my desk needing to be cleaned. So, I get very little done. I have forgotten for 2 weeks straight to charge my ipod, thus creating the appropriate background to drown out everything else. TONIGHT, I will charge my ipod. TOMORROW I WILL do 5 social histories. I WILL finish all of my casenotes. Otherwise, im gonna have to work late. Because it has to be done.

I saw an old friend today while out at Indian Oaks. She didnt know I worked at Catholic Charities, I didn't know she was STILL at IOA. It was nice to catch up for a minute, but I was with a client, and she was working--not in the same place as me. But it was still a nice suprise. She said her family was great--with the exception of a Madden obsessed husband. I'm sure most of us can relate.

TODAY--I WILL also manage to work out and listen to a podcast while i do it. That should be motivating. I need to set more short term goals. I feel empowered. For the next 20 minutes at least.

No comments: