Thursday, May 01, 2008

bible study.

about a year and a half ago, my husband forced me to go on a ladies retreat at our church. now--lets be honest, if you know my church--it didnt really sound like a good time. i imagined the parents of my quizzers, and the nice old ladies in my church--basically a snooze fest and i had better things to do--like lay on my couch.

well, that weekend changed my life. it actually connected me with lovely ladies my age--that were really cool people. and they had husbands that love to play games-so it gave us a group of friends and a support system we had been lacking since college.

shortly after, i joined the girls Bible study which meets on thursday nights. we've had some good times. i'm really grateful to this group, because they have given me accountability, and a place where i can encounter Jesus. and now, i'm being challenged again--to go even deeper with Jesus, and i'm excited. its gonna be amazing i think.

2 comments:

Lori Kuehl said...

Yeah Sara! I'm so glad that you've joined our group. It wouldn't be the same without you. Luv ya!

Anonymous said...

woo hoo! isn't God cool?! if you think about it you came to the retreat because your husband forced you to because he found out about it at work and thought you should go and he found out about it at work because i worked there too and i was talking about the ladies' retreat at work only because i was trying to sell cookies to raise money so i could go on the reatreat, and i was only selling cookies because abbie in our small group came up with the great idea in the first place and now here you are a part of that group. who else could arrange all those details but our incredibly awesome God?! miss you girls!!!