Sunday, August 26, 2007

quizzing gives me hope.

Well, quiz practice is well underway. We went over galatians chapter 2 tonight. The returning quizzers are really doing amazing, and the new ones are learning, and scared of everything. but its cool. i love it. i love teaching people how to do it, and i love seeing teenagers really getting into the word.

It gives me hope. When life is frustrating, and my clients drive me nuts, and i just feel like i don't want to do anything, i hope for quiz practice. Even when its not the most serious, or even the most fun, it gives me hope. Hope to know that the God I serve is so amazing, that he can give me these students for a few hours a week-to share their lives, and bring me peace. It the quiz room, where some people haven't studied, and some are distracted, and some are super focused, its comforting to know, we're part of something bigger.

I can't wait until we start travelling. I think its going to be some terrific times in the party van (and the rented van-a praise that we won't always fit in one car!) at lunch, at dinner, during rounds and in the vans...God is going to bring us some serious good times.

When I get discouraged, when I get frustrated--well, there's always Jesus, and he gives me quizzing.

No comments: