Thursday, July 19, 2007

NYC letdown

So, i kinda slacked there..and you never heard about days 5 and 6 (7 if you count our trip home). but thats ok. All you need to know is that it was an amazing experience...and my few brief updates don't do justice to the event. Arena events are always exciting..because although they are emotionally charged..you get to see people, just like you worshipping God. And its beautiful. My prayer is that all the students go home from NYC remembering their "moment" when NYC transformed them.

So, i go back to work tuesday and am happy to learn that my supervisor is in joliet, and then will be off wednesday. this means i can re-orient without feeling attacked. So, wednesday, Valerie calls...because she's in bourbonnais for a home visit and we go to lunch. Half way through lunch i start to feel more than a little sick...and end up puking my guts out twice at lunch. So i make some calls..tell people im not going to be back in the office, and head home. i only lose my guts two more times at home before falling asleep around 4 pm. well, i woke up at 4:30 to find that my husband had cleaned the downstairs living room around me...and thrown out my sprite.
still not feeling 100 percent, i try to lay in my bed...can't sleep (no suprise...) so i do some quizzing stuff...eat a small bowl of cereal...and then decided to post. im going to go lay back down for half an hour or so...just so my body can be rested. hopefully...the cereal will remain in my stomach where it belongs.

2 comments:

lexerdax said...

Who cares about NYC? I want to hear more about camp! :) I was looking at Dippy's pictures this morning, and my heart aches to be there. If I'm a stay-at-home-mom next summer (and I can find somebody to watch my two kids), can I help? I promise I'll do whatever you need me to do ... I'll even share my toothbrush. :)

I miss you, my Sarer. Life is too busy. Our week in Illinois was spent visiting two sick old women (Ryan's mom and my mom). I've been mulling over your 'Frustrated" posting, about ministry. Sometimes I get so frustrated that I want to walk away from it all - from my calling. I think life would be so much simpler just to work at McDonalds. Or camp. :) Will you and Scottie be out here any time soon? We'll be out that way in October (hopefully) on the way to Marte's wedding, but we probably won't be back out to Illinois again until next summer - definitely not at Thanksgiving and Christmas this year. Even if our hubbies can't make it, maybe you and I can get together for a weekend away ... away from ministry, away from work, away from responsibilities. We can cry in the shower and pray and remember how far God has brought us ... and learn to trust Him to take us even further.

Okay, this isn't a comment, it's a soliloquy. Last thing - it was great to see Sarah Yanchick in the camp pictures! They have had such a rough last six months, as I'm sure you know. We are praying and praying for them. Sarah will be an aunt any day now!! (Wait - that means I will be an aunt again, too. Yipee!)

lexerdax said...

Oh, yeah, I forgot to ask ... about the cereal mess ... are you pregnant? :)